Pages

Thursday 24 January 2013

Woman Pregnant For 4 years At Last Has Baby Girl In Abuja

The first time her story was heard, it sounded like fairy tale from a storybook meant for the movies. To get to the root of the matter, Abuja Metro went in search of Mrs. Ann Ifenyinwa Diugwu, the woman from Ukehe, in Igbo-Etiti, Enugu State, who delivered a baby girl after four mysterious years of pregnancy.

When she finally accepted to speak on her extraordinary experience in her home in Mararaba, a suburb of FCT, she left no one in doubt on the veracity of the story. She did not only show a test result to kill any form of doubt of the four agonising years.


From one hospital to another and from one spiritual home and churches to another, the magnitude of her problem got to a complex insoluble one until she eventually got a break she called divine intervention through a woman, who directed her to a prayer house. She said the woman that owned the prayer house, called Sister Ngozi, fought an intensive spiritual battle with forces of darkness responsible for her ordeal, which started in July 2008 until she was finally delivered of the baby girl on November 16, 2012.

Her shocking story When I conceived in July 2008, I started antenatal care at the Nyanya General Hospital after the fourth month. The hospital confirmed my pregnancy, but one month later, they started doubting my status after some medical checks. They urged me to go for scan since they could not see anything in my womb any more. I became surprised when the scan result indicated that there was no baby in my protruding tummy even when I still felt the kicks. I came home disappointed and narrated my ordeal to my husband. Meanwhile, that was not my first, second or third pregnancy.

So, I should know what it means to be pregnant having successfully delivered three babies previously though I lost the two males. I started moving from one hospital to another and from one spiritual home to another for the solution to my problem.

It's not fibroid While dismissing the impression that it would be fibroid related medical case, Diugwu, still fighting to come to the realities of the mystery of the pregnancy and delivery, said: "There was never a time I was diagnosed of having fibroid in all the tests we ran then."

It could not have been fibroid because I have had three pregnancies in the past without experiencing any antenatal problem like this last one. The challenges I passed through were losing the two males few years after their delivery. I lost my first boy, full of life, in 2001 before having my first daughter in 2005 who is still alive today.

The second baby boy that came in 2006 also died. While the first boy died after two years and four months under mysterious circumstances, the second baby boy that suffered from strange illness two months after delivery, was sick until he died two years later. "In fact, I passed through excruciating suffering for the second baby boy. The suffering was even more than the four-year pregnancy.

There were no hospitals, both private clinics and public facilities we did not visit to save his life. We spent almost all our earning to solve the problem before he died. Most times we bought a particular injection sold for N5000 to contain the unusual hot head he had all through. He eventually died at a private hospital in Mararaba after two years of the battle to save his life. Pastors saw tortoise in my womb During the unusual and protracted pregnancy, I saw hell in the hands of advisers, experts and men of God.

I got suggestions to go for evacuation of my womb in hospital. But I refused the advice. Honestly, many of the men of God worsened my situation when after prayers they told me that either a tortoise or a strange object in my womb was responsible for my problem.

Almost all of them told me that enemies had changed the baby in my womb to something else. We spent so much money to meet the financial demands of these pastors, who sometimes request up to N15,000 to N20,000 for prayers and deliverance.

We travelled to many parts of the country, especially to the South East in search of solution, making it even difficult to raise money for our feeding. I recall that before meeting the woman of God, one pastor in Enugu who I thought would solve the problem attributed my predicament to spiritual attack from my neighbours. He looked so real that even without narrating my predicament to him, he told me how the enemies used periodic blood dropping to deceive me that I was no longer pregnant even when my tummy has enough evidence of my pregnancy." After an embargo from my husband to end any form of visit to spiritual homes, help came through a concerned neighbour that directed me to a woman, Sister Ngozi, who operates a prayer ministry.

Fixing the problem.

After many years of fruitless search for solution, I however met one woman on my street and narrated my ordeal to her. She directed me to the spiritual home of Sister Ngozi. After she prayed for me on the first day, she confirmed that a baby was in my womb, but lamented that evil forces had covered it. She assured me of victory in the battle, declaring that her home was the last point of search, just as she urged me to prepare for the battle to save the baby.

I kept visiting the spiritual home for years until one day the woman ordered me to go for another scan. I reluctantly did and created a scene with my loud scream when the scan result confirmed that there was indeed a baby in my womb. I commenced another antenatal care at the Nyanya General Hospital for six months from the time the scan test confirmed that the baby in my womb was three months old. Fresh challenge At a time I thought the battle had been won, another directive shattered the hope of delivering the baby safely. Apart from the directive from Sister Ngozi that we must move to another home, when labour finally set in, it became obvious that caesarean surgery could be the only way out. Sister Ngozi kept warming that the only option was for us to relocate. When the expected date of delivery became unrealistic, she was emphatic that labour would start the day we moved from where we lived, and further delay could cost the life of the baby and myself.

Respite however came when she urged other women that attended her prayer sessions to raise money to enable us pay house rent of the new place. True to her word, labour started in the night of the day I went to inspect the new house my husband wanted to rent. I went to the hospital that night and could not deliver for almost 12 hours.

However, a new challenge came when the doctor told me I won't have normal delivery. He said the baby was very weak, insisting that caesarean surgery would be the only option to save my life and my baby. The doctor charged N120,000 for the surgery, but my husband pleaded with him to save our lives first while he sourced for the money. We were lucky that the doctor accepted and carried out the surgery without any initial deposit. Help came from our kinsmen, women and concerned Nigerians that contributed to help us leave the hospital. More confusion But even after the bill had been settled, I could not leave the hospital more than two weeks after because of another N23,000 debt we needed to settle. The doctor refused to release us because according to him, some people had in the past abused such kindness. One day, a man I did not even know not only wrote-off the debt but also gave my new baby N3,000 in addition. Following the warning by Sister Ngozi not to return to the previous home, I left the hospital to the new home because my husband had relocated while we were in hospital.

I am still pregnant

I want to assure you of my vow to defeat the enemies fighting to ensure that I would never have a male child. While the four-year pregnancy lasted, I once had a dream that there were three babies in my womb. I told my husband about my dream and we prayed over it especially as somebody fought to snatch the other babies from me in the dream. Even while I was pregnant, the kicking in my womb was more than that of a baby. So, one week after delivery, I started feeling the kicks of those babies in my womb again. I told my husband about it while I was still in the hospital so that people will not falsely accuse me of having an affair with him that would result in the pregnancy for the babies in my womb now.

I can tell you boldly that it is not one baby that is in my womb now. I have not gone for scan or pregnancy test because they would still tell me they did not see anything. As it is now, people have even started noticing my pregnancy already. I am just waiting for directive from Sister Ngozi whom God used to solve my long problem. She has already confirmed seeing me delivering a baby boy.

From revelation, God told her they would have killed the baby boy if I had delivered him the same time.

Asking for assistance

Already looking down and out, she managed to say: "I want to beg Nigerians to help us because we are now without any financial aid. How do I cope with a barely two months old little baby in my hands and possibly two others still kicking in my womb? Only God knows what I am going through. I have not even gone for thanksgiving because there is no money for that." 

SOURCE 

No comments:

Post a Comment