Pages

Friday 27 September 2013

'F*** Off Back To Your Own Country': What Accountant 'Told Asian Man During Tube Rant That Was Caught On Camera Is Found NOT GUILTY


Rant: Claire Moloney was filmed having a screaming argument with an Asian man on a Tube carriageClaire Moloney
Rant: Claire Moloney was filmed having a screaming argument with an Asian man on a Tube carriage after going out drinking with colleagues
A commuter who told an Asian man to ‘f*** off back to your own country’ in a rant on a Tube train has been found not guilty of racial harassment .
Accountant Claire Moloney was allowed to sit with her family while the verdict was announced.
A gasp of relief was heard when she was pronounced not guilty, and her husband put his arms around her and gave her a hug.
One family member was heard to say, 'About time.'
Mrs Moloney said during her trial that she was embarrassed to watch film footage in which she screamed at an unidentified man, and which was later uploaded to YouTube, and shown to the court at her trial.

The jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court also decided she did not intend her words to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
In the video, Moloney told the commuter, an Asian-looking man: ‘I f****** respect people in their countries, f*** you c***.’
She stood up in her seat, saying: ‘You come in this country, you wanna have f*****g everything on a plate. F*** off back to your own country if your country is so good.’
Moloney, who works in Central London, was travelling to her home in Dagenham, Essex, on a District Line train after going for drinks with colleagues, the court heard.
When the alleged victim told her that she was being racist, she replied: ‘You c**** wanna take over our country, you racist c***, you wanna take over the world.’
The man remonstrated but was taken aback when Moloney got out of her seat to
hurl more abuse.
By the end of the video, the victim had given up arguing and told her, ‘OK, I’ll go back to my country.’
Moloney, 40, sobbed and fell in to the arms of her husband in the public gallery as the jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court read out their verdicts.
The mother-of-two denied she was racist, saying she was upset at being told she had 'blood on my hands' and being criticised because she had been drinking alcohol.
‘I’m not a racist in any shape or form,’ she told the court in her evidence.
‘I agree the language is horrific and I am mortified.
‘I was half asleep and he said something to do with my poppy and I wondered if it was about me.
‘He said something about blood on my hands for invading his country.

 


Footage: Moloney repeatedly swore at the man on a District Line train but insists she is not racist
Footage: Moloney repeatedly swore at the man on a District Line train but insists she is not racist
‘I know what he said was derogatory and against women in general and he definitely used the word “Slag” because I was out drinking.
‘I was insulted and I lost it and I ranted; I was arguing my case.’
‘I was in a rage, I lost control and I was ranting but he was goading me.’
It was suggested to Moloney that the man was at a ‘point of surrender’ but she said: ‘I do not think so. He was being sarcastic.’
 
Under cross-examination she claimed to regret not attempting to leave the train or reporting the abuse.
However, she did say she would have reacted had anybody of any race made comments like the ones the unidentified Asian man had made.




1 comment:

  1. Omg she is soooo ugly!
    A mother has to be with the kids and not drinking outside with the friends!
    Poor woman

    ReplyDelete