Pages

Monday 23 December 2013

KOLLINGTON AYINLA SELLS MANSION TO COMBAT SPIRITUAL SICKNESS, GIVES KUDOS TO KWAM1, FASHOLA, RAUF


Funny how when Nigerian artistes or celebrities fall sick they have to seek financial help from the public. Why is it always like that or is that how it is in other parts of the world? Veteran fuji artiste, Kollington Ayinla, has narrated how he fell sick many times, and how he is trying to survive after his illness. In an interview with Encomium magazine, the Fuji crooner explains why part of his Alagbado mansion has been put on sale to raise cash.

Read excerpts from the recent interview below:

What was the nature of the sickness?
I had ulcer and typhoid.


But we learnt it was a strange ailment and not all that medical…
(Cuts in )Yes, it’s a strange ailment. It’s spiritual. That’s the best way of describing it. But I thank God I am still alive. My health condition then was worsened by the poor economic situation of Nigeria, nothing is working. Everything is paralysed. I kept thinking to the extent that I
wanted to sell my property. If the government had not turned everything upside down, people like myself are not supposed to be suffering likes this. And the irony is that most of these people in government were not that bad before coming to power. It’s only after getting there that they turned otherwise. We pray that they change and remember the day of accountability. At times, I wonder if this wasn’t the same Nigeria. Even when Babangida was there, things were very much better. I released a lot of albums to inform Nigerians about the happenings in the country and even beyond. In an ideal society, the government owes people like us a great responsibility.


Who were the people that came to your aid?
A lot of people. I am using this medium to say a big thank you to them all. But I must specially thank Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola for his support. He was the first person Wasiu Ayinde (K1 de Ultimate) rushed to and informed him of my health situation. And immediately, the governor responded very well. K1 also called on Governor Rauf Aregbesola in Osun State.
Immediately the governor was told about my condition, he quickly sent money to me. I really appreciate what Governor Fashola and his counterpart in Osun, Aregbesola did for me. May God continue to be with them. And equally, K1 de Ultimate really tried for me. If not for his effort, these two governors wouldn’t have known anything. He called and told them I must not die.
They should do everything within their means to rescue me, and they surprised me. I pray God will be with Wasiu Ayinde as well in all his endeavour.



It was reported days back that you have put this mansion for sale, how true is it?
It’s true. When you don’t have money, you use whatever you have to get what you want. I don’t have money, and I need money. I can’t just be looking at the building, I can’t eat it. I need to convert it to money. But not the whole property that I want to sell. It’s just this uncompleted structure directly opposite us (show reporter the building). I need to make that clarification so that people out there won’t be misinformed. I am only selling part and not all the property here. This is where I live.


So, you’re still interested in selling it?
It’s worth N80 million now


What do you intend to do with the money?
I will use part of the money to build another small bungalow within this compound. I will demarcate the place. Also, I will invest the rest of the money in a business that will be generating more money for me. If you can recall, in 1984, I established Kollington Fish Depot, at Adura Bus Stop, Lagos Abeokuta Expressway, Lagos. Everything was okay then but later I took ill. It was so bad that I had to sell the depot to take care of health then. May God save us from domestic antagonism.

You can read full interview HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment