Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Yetunde Akilapa Theft Case: "My Boyfriend Stood By Me & The Demons Have Been Banished"

Yetunde-Akilapa-2014-AlabamaU2

Upcoming Yoruba actress cum film maker, Yetunde Akilapa, who has been an item on the lips of many within and outside the industry for quite a while over theft allegations has spoken to Encomium further on her ordeal. 
How did that of January 12, 2014 happen?  It was reported that you were caught sleeping in the dining room of a house in Magodo, Lagos, and the owner of the house met you there with the suspicion that you’re there for the wrong reasons.  Can you shed light on the story?
That day I wanted to go to church but I didn’t know what really happened to me...As I wanted to board a bus going to Bariga, something told me to cross to the other side of the road and take Keke NAPEP going to Magodo.  That was how I boarded the Keke to Magodo with my bag, clothes and four keys on me.

On getting to Magodo, I saw a house and went there straight?  I didn’t see any gateman there. I opened the door because it wasn’t locked. I entered the house and slept off in the dining room.  That’s all I knew till one man just came in and woke me up, asking how I got there....
Immediately, he picked his phone and called his brothers, telling them he met a woman in the house when he came back from church and when he was leaving the house, he locked the door. So, he was surprised when he found me in their dining room.  How did she enter?  He started saying a lot of things, I was trying to explain to them that I didn’t use any key to open the door, I just entered and sat at the dining table, that was how I slept off.  I told them I was also confused, I couldn’t just explain how I got to the place.
 He thought I came with fetish things, and I said no.  He said I should just confess.  He even said maybe I was sent to kill his wife. He never accused me of stealing.  As he was saying all these, I was just pleading, telling him I too did not know how I got there. Before I knew it, one guy just hit me in the head with a club.  That’s all I knew.  By the time I regained my consciousness, they had invited my friend... 
When we got to the police station, they started drilling me, and I explained the way I explained to them at the house.  They asked the owner of the house if I stole anything, he said no but the way they found me was suspicious.  He said he thought maybe I was sent by somebody on a diabolical mission.  Their pastor also came, and I explained the whole thing to him also, he now prayed for me.  He said my problem is spiritual.  He said God wanted to deliver me that’s why I came to that house that day.  But now, my problem is over.  That’s how I was asked to go.
akilapa3 
Which church was the pastor from?
It’s Christ Embassy, Ikeja, very close to LTV 8.  I was invited to the church, they prayed for me. Then, they assured me that all demonic signs in my life have been banished. The pastor specifically told me that God had delivered me of evil attack.  Since then, I have not stopped seeking lasting solution to the problem.  I was told some people just wanted to ruin my life and career because they have seen my glory. I just thank God for everything.  People stood by me, some even added me on their Facebook accounts and BB, praying for me while some who I thought were friends turned out to be my enemies.
What step did your parents, especially your mom take on the issue?
They tried for me.  My mom even called the pastor, and he explained the whole thing to her. He said my situation is spiritual but everything was over.  And there won’t be any form of wrong allegation against me again.
Do you also believe the battle is over?
Yes, by the special grace of God. It has gone back to the sender.  I am not a thief.  I have never stolen anything in my life.
Do you have a man rocking your life?
Yes, I have a boyfriend.
How does he feel hearing all these about you?
He is not happy about the incident but stands by me all the time. He is a wonderful person.  He didn’t abandon me because of the incident.
What of your friends?
I don’t think I have friends any more apart from that my friend, Adeola.  She stood by me throughout the trying period.
What lesson did you learn from the whole palaver?
I learnt a lot but the only thing I can point out is to be very careful about the way you deal with people.  One should be very careful of being too generous.  For instance, that Titi benefited a lot from me, now see what she paid me back with. But I have handed everything to God.
Have you considered quitting acting because of the incident?
Yes, I thought of it but when I consulted my pastor, he said I shouldn’t.  My friend also advised me to continue.  The shame was too much for me but I thank God everything has become history.

No comments:

Post a Comment