Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

Aisha Falode’s (AIT's Presenter) 19-Year Old Son Buried! Mother Pays Emotional Tribute To Him - Says “I am Devastated And Inconsolable”

Oloruntoba Oluwadamilola, the 19-year old son of ace broadcaster, Aisha Falode, who died on Saturday, 15 February 2014, was buried amid tears two days ago, Monday, March 3 in Lagos.

The funeral service was held at the Trinity House, Victoria Island, while the internment took place at Ikoyi Vaults and Gardens.
It was initially reported that Toba died in a car accident but family sources have revealed that Toba had actually been pushed off a 17 storey building by a young Arab man.
For his burial, to celebrate the life he lived, his grieving mum wrote an emotional tribute to him, titled “You Are Me, I Am You.”
See excerpts below:

I held you in my arms and my heart burst into a million pieces of joy. It was an indescribable moment. You were adorable as I touched every bit of you. Giddy with joy, I counted your toes, your fingers, tiny and wriggly; a tough bundle of joy. 
Your innocent gaze upon my face, those two adorable eyes, wide and searching as only a child’s would. All the gems in Arabia would fade into insignificance at the emergence of your presence. My son had come into the world, whole and complete you were. I had looked forward to having my own son. I carried you with pride and honour in my womb for 9 good months. Knowing that you will eventually be born made the discomforts of 9 months seem like chewing a candy bar. Here at last you were.
As you grew up into a most interesting young star, you were my joy. In all of my trying moments, knowing that you trusted me and believed in me spurred me through even the roughest terrain. Your childhood was joyful. Your sister and you were my life. You still are my life. Nothing can erase your memory, not a thousand winds or a million rainfalls can replace those memories, not even a fearsome volcano can wipe you from me.
You are me, I am you.
I am devastated, I am pained, I am inconsolable, I am a mother shattered. Who can console me but God? He knows best and did they not say those HE loves HE calls home early?
My Son, the curtain fell too early for you, for us. I am in the audience; I cannot jump on the stage where you are. Even if I could, the curtain is drawn already. I cannot reach you. I am tempted to say, why me, but why not me? God loves us. HE took you my bundle of joy, even now I lean on HIM. I can see you, stretching out those strong arms, I see you trying to console me, I see you saying: “Mum, it was meant to be, it is not your fault”, I see you. I see you everywhere.
Together, we walked for 19yrs, you brought me joy. You excelled in your academics, you made me a proud mother as you grew into a handsome, responsible, caring, humane, disciplined man. I will forever remember you my son. Those fun times, the times you held me when I was down, like the man of the house, which you became so early in life…I am consoled because I know for sure that you are in the bosom of the LORD.
I know for sure that we will meet again. You have not died, you are only asleep. This thought will keep me going until I behold your delightful presence again. I know you are here for I am you and you are me.

No comments:

Post a Comment