Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

*God Given Glory At The Oscars* As Twitter Reacts To Best Actor Oscar-Winner Thanking God & Himself In Acceptance Speech

Actor did first mention God and family after taking Academy Award for his amazing performance in Dallas Buyers Club

Hollywood star Matthew McConaughey, 44, triggered a love-hate reaction and a viral video Sunday when he thanked God profusely after winning the best actor Oscar!

"First off, I want to thank God, 'cause that's who I look up to. He's graced my life with opportunities that I know is not of my hand or any other human hand. He has shown me that it's a scientific fact that gratitude reciprocates". - Matthew McConaughey


But while his performance in Dallas Buyers Club got the critics talking, responses online were largely focused on the fact that he named himself as his own “hero”.
Delivering his speech like a three-point plan, McConaughey said everyone needs “something to look up to, something to look forward to and someone to chase”.
For the third, in something of a maverick move for an Academy Award winner, he thanked the spectral figure of himself “in 10 years’” time.
To his credit, McConaughey handed first mentions to God, his late father and the other members of his family,  before finishing (eventually): “And to my hero. That's who I chase


No comments:

Post a Comment