Pages

Wednesday 26 March 2014

US Big Boy, Taiwo Onijesiku: "Why I Didn't Marry Toyin Waka" My Love For Jemilat

Add caption
When USA-based Big Boy, Taiwo Onijesiku and Dublin-based society lady, Adetoun Adenuga a.k.a Toyin Waka parted ways after a 5-year relationship, the break-up was the talk-of-the-town. The news is that Onijesiku has now married Lagos Big Babe, Jemilat. She is Fuji king, K1’s ex-wife. After several weeks on his trail, Onijesiku spoke to City People’s Assistant Editor, TAIWO OBATUSIN  on the issues bordering on his relationship with Toyin Waka, and marriage . 

T.Obatusin: There are stories that you dumped Dublin Big Babe, Toyin Waka and came to Nigeria to marry a few days after you promised her marriage?

T.Onijesiku: I didn’t promise her marriage. She was my girlfriend. I met her in 2009. She had 4 kids for a socialite called Waka.  I met her after Waka left her. Her 4 children said they wanted to school in the US. She refused to allow them relocate because she wanted to get her papers in Dublin. I promised to help her get her papers to live in the US. We were both shuttling between USA and Dublin for 5 years. For how long will I do that?  I had made up my mind about her even before she delivered the baby.

T.Obatusin: Did you go to Dublin after she had the baby?

T.Onijesiku: Yes I went to Dublin  after she had the baby. I told her, she should have had the baby in the US if she listened to me. I had been telling her to relocate since 2010.  Before she had the baby, I travelled to Nigeria with her to Nigeria for the burial of her mum.  It held at Island Club, Onikan, Lagos. Before her mother died, she told her it is rare to get any man who has not had babies before marrying a woman with 4 kids. Even at that, she refused to relocate to the US. For the whole of 5 years that we dated, I lived alone without any sense of a woman in my life.

We had an elaborate naming ceremony for the baby in Dublin in December. I spent my money. I shipped drinks from the US to Dublin. The next morning after the party, she knelt by the bed to pray for me. I told her that I wanted her to relocate to the US.  After I returned to  the US, she called me to tell me it will be difficult to live with me in America. I felt so bad.

T.Obatusin: Was that why you married Jemilat immediately?

T.Onijesiku: Jemilat and I had been dating for a while, so all I did was plan the wedding between December and January. I had someone who wanted to live with me. I decided to get married immediately. On the day I got married to Jemilat, Toyin sent 2 of her relatives to the Registry to stop them from joining us but we had been joined. They went to meet the Registrar who called me immediately.

That same day, Toyin called my mobile phone and I told members of my family who were around to listen to her. She started crying that she was responsible for her woes. That I begged and begged her to relocate to the US but she refused. That she has given her dinner to the cat, like the Yoruba people say.
While she was on phone, I told her to give the phone to her eldest daughter, Ann. I asked Ann. “Am I a bad person?’ She said, “Daddy, you are not a bad person. Though I know my mummy is very stubborn.  You shouldn’t have gone ahead to marry someone else.” 

The Registrar gave me an appointment for the next week. When I got to him, I told him the story of my relationship with Toyin. Her family members who went to report me too were there. And he told them he saw no reason why Toyin will not relocate with me to the US.Even when I was coming to Lagos to get married I sent her money and made sure I didn’t tell any of my friends. I knew they would attempt to stop me but I know what I want in my life.

T.Obatusin: There were also allegations that you have been married to other ladies?

T.Onijesiku: My marriage to Jemilat is the first marriage ever in my life. I am going to be 48 years old.

T.Obatusin: There are also stories that you only date rich babes?

T. Onijesiku: Myself? I have evidence of how I send money to Toyin. She called me recently that she wanted to come to the US. I told her it is not possible.  I send money for my child’s upkeep. I fend for her kids as well. I have a company with 125 employees. I am into Real Estate, I am a Car Dealer and I deal in Computers. Toyin cannot feed me or give me money. If she was truly the one paying my bills, why will she send people to the Registry to stop my marriage to Jemilat?

Credit:  

No comments:

Post a Comment