Pages

Thursday 3 July 2014

Director of The Notebook spills details that will change how you see the movie, FOREVER



Director of The Notebook spills details that will change how you see the movie, FOREVER: http://cosm.ag/6186Y5U8
Add caption

The Notebook might just be the finest, most emotionally charged love story of all time, but it turns out things weren't always so lovey on set. Zing! In an amazing new interview with VH1, director Nick Cassavetes says Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams fought a bunch during filming. "Maybe I’m not supposed to tell this story, but they were really not getting along one day on set.
Really not," says Cassavetes. "And Ryan came to me, and there’s 150 people standing in this big scene, and he says, 'Nick come here.' He’s doing a scene with Rachel and he says, 'Would you take her out of here and bring in another actress to read off camera with me?' 'I said, 'What?' He says, 'I can’t. I can’t do it with her. I’m just not getting anything from this.'"
Fortunately, Cassevetes let them hash out their differences: "We went into a room with a producer; they started screaming and yelling at each other. I walked out ... And it got better after that, you know? They had it out … I think Ryan respected her for standing up for her character and Rachel was happy to get that out in the open. The rest of the film wasn’t smooth sailing, but it was smoother sailing." 
All that drama is so typical of Noah and Allie though, right?! They're such angry, passionate lovebirds. Birds!
Besides, as young Noah says, "Well that's what we do, we fight ... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass." It's just wonderful Ry and Rachel managed to embody these characters onscreen and off, really. BRB, going to watch The Notebook now and cry, as usual.
P.S. One more thing about birds: For that pivotal scene in the boat with all the birds in the background, Cassavetes says he had to raise a flock of chicks himself, because the studio told him it would be too difficult to wrangle and he just wouldn't take no for an answer. Clearly everyone involved with The Notebook's production wasn't afraid to get feisty.

Via - Cosmopolitan.

No comments:

Post a Comment