Pages

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Willow and Jaden Smith Only Like Their Own Music, Think "Normal School" Makes Kids "Depressed"


Look, I get that Will and Jada Pinkett Smith are supposed to be the “cool parents” – like Amy Poehler in Mean Girls – when it comes to raising Jaden and Willow Smith, but something’s gotta give, here. These kids are fucking WEIRD, way too grown for their own good and will either need serious counseling to become functional adults or they’ll just go off the rails and live in some wilderness commune as they wait for Xenu to come back and rescue them on his spaceship.
The latest from the Smith camp is that apparently Willow and Jaden are “obsessed” with snakes, to the point that they sleep with them every single night.
Willow Smith and Jaden Smith

 Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's kids, Willow and Jaden Smith, have developed some serious self esteem. The siblings sat down with the New York Times and discussed everything from how they only like their own music to how they think "normal" school makes kids depressed.
"We’re just trying to make music that we think is cool," Jaden, 16, told the Times when asked about his album Cool Tapes Vol. 2. "We don’t think a lot of the music out there is that cool. So we make our own music. We don’t have any song that we like to listen to on the Pacific Coast Highway by any other artist, you know?" Willow, 14, who made a name for herself when she released "Whip My Hair" in 2010, added: "That’s what I do with novels. There’re no novels that I like to read so I write my own novels, and then I read them again, and it’s the best thing."
The two also have a strong opinion when it comes to education. After revealing they're currently reading "Quantum physics and ancient texts," Jaden said: "Here’s the deal: School is not authentic because it ends. It’s not true, it’s not real. Our learning will never end. The school that we go to every single morning, we will continue to go to…Kids who go to normal school are so teenagery, so angst…You never learn anything in school."
Kylie Jenner's BFF added, for example, "Think about how many car accidents happen every day. Driver’s ed? What’s up? I still haven’t been to driver’s ed because if everybody I know has been in an accident, I can’t see how driver’s ed is really helping them out."
Willow, who said she attended "normal" school for a year, agreed with her older brother and added that "it was the best experience but the worst experience [because] I was, like, 'Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.'" 
One thing they do believe in, however, is the practice of meditation. "Breathing is meditation; life is a meditation. You have to breathe in order to live, so breathing is how you get in touch with the sacred space of your heart," Willow explained of their belief in "prana energy."
So what do Will's kids want to accomplish in life? "I have a goal to be just the most craziest person of all time," Jaden said. "And when I say craziest, I mean, like, I want to do like Olympic-level things. I want to be the most durable person on the planet." 

No comments:

Post a Comment