Pages

Saturday 17 January 2015

Adebayo Salami (Oga Bello) Advised Me To Become A Musician –KWAM1

When veteran actor Adebayo Salami marked his 50 years on stage recently, his friends and colleagues took turns to tell how he impacted positively on their lives.
Among those who spoke was popular fuji musician, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal, who said his dream was to become a movie star until he was advised by Oga Bello to be a musician.
He said he would forever be grateful for the advice which has helped to shape his life.

“Oga Bello shaped my life because he told me to become a singer. When I was younger, I was interested in becoming an actor. I usually left my house to go and watch the likes of Pa Ogunde, Baba Mero and the likes. Occasionally, I would get the role of a town crier or a singer in their plays and it gave me hope that I could make it as an actor until Oga Bello called me one day and advised me to become a singer. He told me that if I heeded his advice, I would not regret it and today, I am glad I did and I have no regrets that I listened to him,” KWAM 1 said.

No comments:

Post a Comment