Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Heartbreaking Photo of Dogs Hugging Saves Them From Being Euthanized

shelter dogs
Two dogs escaped being euthanized after a photo of the pair hugging went viral on Facebook. The Angels Among Us Pet Rescue organization in northern Georgia posted a heartbreaking image of Kala and Keira hugging behind the bars of a shelter, just hours before they were scheduled to be killed.



Along with the image, the caption included a message that could bring any animal lover to tears.
I'm Kala. This is Keira. We're so scared in here. The people working in the shelters see how scared we are but just told each other that today is our deadline. We have to have someone rescue us or we'll be “next.” Keira is black and not a “real boxer,” just a mix. She's so brave and tells me it will be okay no matter what happens. She tells me to be brave too but I don't know if I can be. Can you see our faces. Keira knows what will happen. You can see it in her eyes. She's putting on a brave face for sure but I can feel her heart beating fast while I'm clinging to her. If no one saves us, someone will take her away from me. I'll see her as she goes down the hallway. She won't come back and I'll cry. They'll come for me next and I won't be as brave. We've comforted each other while we were here. She gave me hope when I had none. Now it's over.
The post was shared thousands of times, and in just two hours, the dogs were rescued and taken to a vet before relocating to a foster home.
In an update posted to the Angels Among Us Pet Rescue Facebook page, the dogs appear happy to take on their second chance at life.

No comments:

Post a Comment