Pages

Monday 18 January 2016

White TV Reporter Posts Photo Combing Adopted Black Daughter’s Hair.(Photos)

White TV Reporter Posts Photo Combing Adopted Black Daughter’s Hair, Creates Huge Facebook Buzz:

Facebook was set ablaze sometime ago after Frank Somerville, a white TV reporter in California posted a photo on his page of him combing his adopted black daughter’s hair with the caption:

So for those of you who think tv can be glamorous, this is how i spent my morning, learning how to take out my daughter’s braids. It takes a long time and a lot of patience!

Within a few days the photo had been shared more than 2,500 times and received more than 12,000 likes.

Somerville followed up with a statement a few days later,

It’s not often that I am speechless, but I am floored by the response to the picture I posted, and by how touching and personal many of them were. To me the picture shows a dad doing what a dad SHOULD do, and loving every minute of it. The birth of my first daughter, and adopting my youngest daughter, are the two best moments of my life, and I feel like the luckiest dad in the world that my family is interracial. I can’t thank all of you enough. And remember CHANGE HAPPENS ONE PERSON AT A TIME!

Add caption
The picture is definitely touching, and brings to mind Clifton Green, another white father who adopted an Ethiopian girl, and soon became responsible for her hair care.


No comments:

Post a Comment