Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2016

‘I Was Influenced By Evil Forces To Do This. I Just Want To Die’ - Deacon Pleads After Defiling 7-Year-Old child



The Lagos State Police Command has arrested the deacon of ‘Jesus Saves Church’, Obinna Aneke, for raping the 7-year-old child of his family friends who was entrusted to his care, and he blames the devil for it.
PUNCH reports that the Deacon who lives with his family in Bariga, Lagos, raped the child six times in his home. The victim’s mother, a food vendor who leaves for work at 6am, agreed with the Deacon’s family to leave her children with him; they would stay with the Deacon’s family until 7:45am when they leave for school with the Deacon’s daughter who attends same school. Aneke’s wife also leaves for work early and so the children were left in the clergy’s care.
“The girl’s mother had been good to him in the past,” a police source told PUNCH. “There was a time he didn’t have a job and it was the woman who fed his four children. So, since he now had his own job, the woman thought he would reciprocate by assisting her family to get her two daughters to school, along with one of his three daughters attending the same school.”

“Unfortunately, the man took advantage of the seven-year-old. He would undress her and insert his manhood in her private parts. When he could not penetrate, he would apply his spittle to make it easier.”
The rapist always threatened to kill her if she told anyone, but last Tuesday, the child told her parents, who immediately reported to the officers at the Bariga Police Division. The Deacon got arrested, while the child was taken to the Mirabel Centre, Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, and a medical check confirmed she was raped.
But the Deacon denies raping the child. “This girl was taught to lie against me. I only attempted to have sex with her once and that was the day she told her parents,” he said. “I didn’t even remove her pants. On that day, I shifted her pants sideways and wanted to penetrate, but when I saw it was not possible, I left her and ejaculated outside her private parts.”
“I am a leader in my church and I don’t want to bring my church into this mess,” he continued. “Even before anybody condemned me, I have already condemned myself and I wish I was not born. I was influenced by evil forces to do this. I just want to beg for forgiveness from all those I have offended through this action and I just want to die.”
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said the Deacon will be charged to court, while the child is currently in the custody of Heritage Home – owned by the Lagos State Government.

No comments:

Post a Comment