Pages

Monday 21 March 2016

Queen’s College Principal Stands With Accused Teacher: ‘He Has Impeccable Character. I Can Vouch for Him’


Finally, the principal of Queen’s College, Lagos, has spoken up on the sexual harassment allegation leveled on one of the teachers, Seni Osifala.

Seni Osifala. Credit: SOG
Seni Osifala. 
In a statement released last night, the principal Mrs Lami Amodu said that no parent reported the said sexual harassment allegation and that she can vouch for Osifala as he has ‘been of impeccable character”. The press release goes on to say that she suspects that someone was intent on tainting the teacher’s character because he is the best in the school, a claim she said was supported by the fact that he bagged five awards during the last teacher’s day celebration.
Read her statement:
“As I talk to you, no single parent has come to me or any of my Vice-Principals to report Olaseni as a molester,” Amodu said. “I assure you that if the allegation was true, other parents would have been buzzing our lines non-stop.”
Personally, even before I resumed, a former principal of Kings College had recommended Olaseni as a credible person to work with. His name is Otunba Dele Olapeju. He is a highly respectable man. Let us not forget that Olaseni worked with five different principals, all of who also told me good words about him, despite the various allegations against him.
I have investigated and we are not relenting in our determination to get to the bottom of this case. The man in question has been of impeccable character and committed service since I resumed work here. I can vouch for him.
When I resumed work here, I was told a few unsavoury things about him. But investigations showed that each time a new principal resumed at Queens College, these allegations popped up.
They would tell every new principal that Mr Olaseni is a molester. But after investigations, nothing concrete came up. My predecessor, whom we just sent forth today, told me the same thing. So it has been a recurring decimal, these allegations. We have come to understand that some persons are on a campaign of calumny against this teacher. Yet, he is the best teacher in our school.
During World Teachers’ Day, he bagged five awards. The students all have good things to say about him. Somebody somewhere is up to some mischief and we will uncover this unfortunate drama.”

No comments:

Post a Comment