Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Fayose Celebrates His 56th Birthday, Says, "I Stand For Nigeria"


"I dedicate this birthday to the desperately poor, the poor, and the once vibrant middle class Nigerians that have now been reduced to an unprecedented level of marginalization, untold suffering and virtual nothingness.

I use this occasion to solidarise with our people who are suffering and lacking the basic necessities of life at a level never seen before in this country, a situation that has been due largely to the incompetence of the APC-led federal government. 


Celebrating today will be meaningless, considering the plight of Nigerians and the bare-faced deceit of the people by those who promised them better life.

It will make no meaning for me to be celebrating birthday in the face of the muzzling, arm-twisting, ridiculing and blackmailing of the judiciary, legislature and the opposition in the name of anti-corruption war. 

When a democratically elected government embarks on a systematic efforts to kill the opposition, legislature and subjugate the judiciary, it is no time for lovers of democracy like myself to pick samba and tambourine to celebrate birthday.

Rather than wine and dine, which, usually, is the hallmark of birthday celebrations, I shall spend today, fasting, meditating and praying to God that He should graciously and mercifully intervene in the affairs of our great country, Nigeria, which, regrettably, has been laid prostrate by this clueless, fumbling and wobbling administration. 

These are no doubt an unusual times.

On this day of my birth, I "solidarise" with the suffering people of Nigeria. I pitch my tent with you, I stand with you, by you, and for you. I shall never be tired of speaking for you. 

When they call me the unofficial leader of opposition, they, in their own warped understanding and pervert thinking, seek to disparage me. I, however, consider it a mark of honour for me to be the recognized mouthpiece of the suffering Nigerians. I accept this title as a great privilege and call to duty, which I considered sacred. 

On this day, I rededicate myself to this patriotic and God-assigned duty and responsibility with unwavering commitment and renewed strength, vigor, and vitality. 

I say to the people of Nigeria, we shall be great again. These perilous times shall pass and together, we shall bring back the glory and greatness of our country and people.

Together, we shall take back our country from the wanton troopers riding roughshod over it at the moment, God with us. I shall never let you down.
So help me God!"

Ayodele Fayose
Governor, Ekiti State 

No comments:

Post a Comment